Wednesday 12 January 2011

city dusk (update) - 22" square

This is a pretty awful photo but I won't get any better today - it is a real blizzard outside right now and there is little light. I had posted the underpainting before Christmas and picked it up again when I was starting to recover from "the bug" the other day. I was so horrified by the events of this past weekend I could not get into a peaceful, lighthearted beach figure picture. I fear this country is going mad - that we are living in opposite world. That Sarah Palin, Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh are now trying to convince the American people that they themselves are the victims of this weekend's tragedy. It sickens me that so many of my fellow citizens refuse to think and are so suseptible to the cultivation of hate within themselves. I try to stay off the topic of politics on this site and will end it there but sometimes this society gets to me and I just wonder where we are going.

No comments: