Saturday 25 September 2010

sakonnet point

I was out painting at Sakonnet Point this morning and this is my set-up.....I have to finish inside since I ran out of solvent and then had a sneezing fit that lasted for about 10 minutes. I have always had seasonal allergies and actually painted inside yesterday to avoid triggering them. I had to go to the opening of the Portsmouth juried show "Taste This" last night since I won an award - I didn't want to be completely congested with a red nose. I didn't know what prize I had won until they actually gave out the awards (a new strategy on their part!) - turns out I won second place so I was happy and didn't sneeze once.

4 comments:

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

So happy for you! You rock!

patricia walsh said...

thanks Anne!

Jo Ann Elig said...

Love these urban paintings. Very strong. I would like to see the winning painting for the Portsmouth "Taste This Show". I had a painting ready but had shoulder surgery and couldn't make it.

patricia walsh said...

Hey Jo Ann - hope your shoulder is better and thanks for reminding me to post the prize winner.