Wednesday 7 July 2010

beach parking - 14x11"

You are probably wondering why I bothered to post this since it is obviously undone............but I have been experimenting this past week and made sort of a breakthrough this morning. I have experimented with a limited pallet for a long time but have never really felt like it was very successful. Recently I found I was using way too many colors and, as a result, I found that pictures were not holding together the way I wanted them to. This morning I tried again and (instead of using cadmium red) I used a deep madder, cad. yellow light, ultrmarine blue and white - voila! Everything worked. I found that I could mix virtually anything I wanted to.....the substitution of the madder rather than the cad red made all the difference. So........I think I am done experimenting for a bit and am going to see how far I can go with this. It will also be a lot simpler shopping at Utrecht.

1 comment:

Jo Ann Elig said...

What a great idea. I will try the same formula. I also get excited when mixtures go right for me but my problem is I can't always remember what I used at the time because I am so into the process. Do you write things down sometimes? Love your blog.