Tuesday 22 July 2008

Woodchuck woes



I returned from painting and discovered that the baby woodchuck that lives under my shed (his "parent" had been trapped by my neighbor Manny a month ago) has grown up enough to navigate the barricades and fences that have made my garden appear as a junk heap! It ate all of the broccoli and kale and trampled red onions, beets and basil to get to said meal. After using language that I normally do not use, I went into the house to put my stuff away.......when I returned to the car for a second load of stuff I saw the bugger running with leaves of green beans in his little mouth. I had him cornered yesterday for a minute and had a chance to examine him a bit; he is kind of cute but sooooo destructive. Manny is merciless and uses what he calls the "killing traps" since even if you get them alive, it isn't legal to release them anywhere. Did lots of business things this morning as well - signed up for the Newport RI wet paint event in August and got a couple of frames for finished work that needs to go to the gallery this month (Donovan Gallery, Tiverton, RI.). The post today is of waves off Little Compton, RI; it's 12x16/oil on canvas.

No comments: